FRANÇAIS - DEUTSCH - ESPAÑOL - PORTUGUÊS - ITALIANO
BULLETIN OF THE HOLY CROSS
Nº 55 - SEPTEMBER 2022
Dear friends and benefactors,
You haven't heard from us in a while. We now wish to send you our newsletters again to tell you about our needs, to give you news about our activities and to offer you the bread of doctrine.
As for the needs, we had to close an account abroad, which unbalanced our finances, thus jeopardizing our little school. It is time to turn to Divine Providence, which never let us down.
“Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you in addition. Don't worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will have its own worries. Each day's care suffices.” (Matt. VI, 33).
May you, dear friends, also be instruments of the Divine Providence. We appreciate all your help and assure you of our prayers. May God bless and reward you.
+ Thomas Aquinas, OSB
All sacraments, the Catechism of the Council of Trent teaches us, depend on the sacrament of Holy Orders, without which many could not exist and others would not have the solemnity that is proper to them.
This sacrament constitutes the ambassadors of God, who are the bishops and priests, who are in charge of teaching us, in his name, the law of the divine power and the rules of our conduct, thus becoming His own envoys on Earth. One cannot, therefore, imagine more noble functions than those of bishops and priests.
The power they have to consecrate and offer the Body and Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ, as well as to forgive sins, surpasses all human conception. Nothing comparable can be found.
Just as our Lord was sent by His Father, just as the Apostles and disciples were, in turn, sent by Jesus Christ to the whole world, so the priests are sent with the same powers to work in the perfection of the saints, in the work of the Ministry and edification of the Mystical Body of Our Lord.
Our brothers and our seminarians have been prepared to receive this divine delegation of powers. Let us pray for them so that they may worthily perform these Ministry duties.
- August 8, 2021: Sister Maria Salete and Sister Maria Teresa get the habit and start a small community of Benedictines nuns, under the care of our Rev. Fr. André [photos].
- March 18, 2022: Br. Elias, a Rev. Fr. Chazal’s Filipino Brother, receives the minor orders of doorman and reader.
- March 19: His Excellency, Bishop Thomas Aquinas, confers the priesthood to the Rev. Fr. Deivid de Amorim Nass as well as the latest minor orders to Br. Elias. After the beautiful pontifical mass, everyone was gathered for lunch with the faithful lay people [photos].
- May 13: dressing of Brother Martinho do Espírito Santo (Br. Martin of the Holy Ghost) in the anniversary of the apparitions of Our Lady in Fatima.
- June 24: Brother Serafim Maria receives the habit on the feast of Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- June 28: after a long period of studies in Avrillé, our Brothers João da Cruz and Geraldo Maria arrive on vacation, after which they will return to France to continue their education [photos].
- July 16: Br. Elias (Br. Elijah) and our Br. João da Cruz (Br. John of the Cross) receive the subdiaconate. The seminarian Flavio Mateos, from the congregation of Msgr. Faure, receives both first minor orders, porter and reader [photos].
- July 30: Fr. André (Fr. Andrew) and our Brothers Gabriel, João da Cruz and Geraldo Maria depart for Teixeira de Freitas and Caravelas, where both of the latter can see their family members.
-August 13: diaconal ordinations of Br. Elias and Br. João da Cruz. The seminarian Flavio Mateos receives the last two minor orders. [photos].
- August 15: Dressing of Br. Anjo (Br. Angel), the youngest oblate of our monastery (13 years old).
- August 22: our Brother Isidoro takes his triennial vows [photos].
A financial crisis threatens the monastery. Bank BNP Paribas, from France, forced us to close our account there, because of a law that prohibits foreign institutions, without a branch in France, from having an account in the country. Now we have to create a new association, which may be capable of receiving French donations. It's what we're doing. But this takes time. Meanwhile, we are deprived of all help from French benefactors, which is a serious blow to our finances. France has been the most generous country in the Tradition. While we do not have an association under the laws established by the French government, we have no choice but to ask you for the help we need.
Help us by making a regular donation, by sending this Bulletin to all the Catholics you know and by praying for our intentions daily.
May God reward you.
Fr. John the Baptist, OSB +
P.S.: A few days after the publication of this Bulletin in Portuguese and English, we received the good news that the charity as in France had been created and the bank account in its name could be opened. Deo gratias!
SUPPORT OUR WORKS
- our contemplative life and the apostolate of our priests;
- our Benedictine sisters;
- our children's school;
- the seminary of secular priests next to the monastery.
Pray for them in your rosary and, if possible, send us a donation, specifying (if you wish) the work you would like to help.
BANK IN UNITED STATES
Make a check payable to "Holy Cross Brazil" and send it to the following address:
Holy Cross Brazil
PO Box 796
Cumberland, WI 54829-0796
Or send an ACH payment to this account:
Beneficiary: MOSTEIRO DA SANTA CRUZ, BRAZIL, INC Address: 211 190th Ave, Comstock, WI 54826 - U.S. ABA Routing Number: 091311229 ACH Account number: 202274328465 Account type: Checking
IBAN / Acc. Number (Wire transfer): 202274328465
SWIFT / BIC Code CHFGUS44021 Bank: Choice Financial Group
4501 23rd Avenue S, Fargo, ND 58104 - U.S.
Note: Holy Cross Brazil is a DBA of Mosteiro da Santa Cruz, Brazil, Inc., an American charity that supports the works of the Holy Cross Monastery in Nova Friburgo, Brazil.
This is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. If you need, ask us for a receipt to claim a deduction on your federal taxes: email@example.com
BANK IN UNITED KINGDOM
Beneficiary: Miguel Ferreira da Costa (Bp. Thomas Aquinas)
Sort code: 23-14-70
Account number: 72567798
IBAN: GB94 TRWI 2314 7072 5677 98
Wise's address: 56 Shoreditch High Street London E1 6 J J United Kingdom
BANK IN FRANCE
Bank: CRÉDIT MUTUEL
Account owner: ASSOCIATION SANTA CRUZ
6 ALLÉE SAINT DOMINIQUE
IBAN: FR76 1027 8394 0500 0213 7800 180
Domiciliation: CM ANGERS SAINT LAUD
6 PLACE DE LA VISITATION
49100 ANGERS - 0241257424
BANK IN GERMANY
Bank: Sparkasse Saarbrücken
Saargemünder Straße 170
BLZ: 590 501 01 - GERMANY
Konto: 242 73 62 13
IBAN: DE81 5905 0101 0242 7362 13
Kontoinhaber: Miguel Ferreira da Costa (Bp. Thomas Aquinas)
Mosteiro da Santa Cruz – Secretariado
Caixa Postal 96582
Nova Friburgo - RJ
Web site: www.mosteirodasantacruz.org
UT IN OMNIBUS GLORIFICETUR DEUS